The Iranian oil tanker which has been detained off Gibraltar since early last month is now departing the British territory.
Refinitiv shipping data shows that the vessel suspected of breaching US sanctions is moving away from the British territory.
Iran’s ambassador to Britain Hamid Baeidinejad earlier tweeted: “With the arrival of two specialised engineering teams to Gibraltar… the vessel is expected to leave tonight”.
The Adrian Darya-1 – previously known as the Grace 1 – has been in Gibraltar since 4 July amid speculation that it planned to transport its cargo to Syria, in breach of European Union sanctions.
The detention of the vessel prompted Iran to retaliate by seizing the British-flagged oil tanker Stena Impero, heightening already increased tensions in the region.
Earlier, Iran threatened to dispatch its naval fleet to collect the vessel.
“The era of hit and run is over,” said Iran’s navy commander Rear Admiral Hossein Khanzadi.
He added: “If top authorities ask the navy, we are ready to escort our tanker Adrian,” the Mehr news agency reported.
The authorities in Gibraltar said they had rejected a renewed request from the US to keep the tanker under detention.
It comes after the US had issued a warrant to seize the Adrian Darya-1 on Saturday.
The US said it could seize the vessel, its oil cargo, and almost $1m (£823,000) on the grounds of terrorism and violations of the International Emergency Economic Powers Act.
It claimed the tanker had links to the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC), which it deems a terrorist organisation.
Musk claims ‘pedo guy’ slur about Thai cave diver unintended | World News
Elon Musk has said he did not intend to accuse a diver who helped rescue 12 Thai boys from a cave of being a paedophile – despite calling him a “pedo guy”.
The Tesla Inc chief executive made the claim as he tried to get a defamation lawsuit against him dismissed.
Vernon Unsworth brought the case against the multi-billionaire after saying in an interview that Musk was throwing a “PR stunt” by offering to help his dive team rescue the boys and their football coach from a flooded Thai cave system in 2018.
Mr Musk then called him a “pedo guy” on Twitter.
He has now said the term was “a common insult used in South Africa when I was growing up”.
And he claimed it was “synonymous with ‘creepy old man'”, and was used to insult a person’s appearance and demeanour.
“I did not intend to accuse Mr Unsworth of engaging in acts of paedophilia,” he said.
“In response to his insults in the CNN interview, I meant to insult him back by expressing my opinion that he seemed like a creepy old man.”
Mr Musk also sent an email to a BuzzFeed News reporter after the slagging match, asking them to “stop defending child rapists”.
He has now claimed that was an “off the record” email based on an aide’s summary of a private investigator’s report on Mr Unsworth, which he did not know was false.
Mr Unsworth is seeking compensatory and punitive damages.
His lawyer, L Lin Wood, said he will reply to Musk’s claims in three weeks, but aded: “I’ll keep my powder dry for now, but I can assure you it will be explosive.”
Mr Wood called Mr Musk’s motion “as offensive to the truth as was his original tweet”.
He added Mr Unworth is “a good man whose efforts saved the lives of 13 people”.
Mr Musk has claimed Mr Unworth is a public figure when it comes to the cave rescue, which would require him showing clear and convincing evidence that Mr Musk made his statements with “actual malice”.
Earlier this year Mr Musk agreed to seek his lawyers’ approval before tweeting about Tesla’s finances after saying he had secured funding to take the company private in 2018 at $420 (£325) a share, despite not having the money to pull off the deal.
<a href='https://news.sky.com/story/hope-and-fear-will-fuel-global-climate-change-strikes-11811713'>Hope and fear will fuel global climate change strikes</a>
More than 2,000 preserved foetal remains found at dead doctor’s home | World News
More than 2,000 medically preserved foetal remains have been found at the home of a late Indiana abortion clinic doctor, leading to calls for a federal investigation.
The gruesome discovery was made after Dr Ulrich Klopfer died on 3 September and family members began sorting through his property in Illinois.
The county coroner’s office has taken possession of the 2,246 preserved remains.
State Republican Ron Bacon has called for the Indiana attorney general’s office to investigate the now-closed clinics in Fort Wayne, Gary and South Bend, where Klopfer had performed abortions.
He described the discovery as “seriously disturbing” and expressed concern that “there may be other remains”.
A spokeswoman for the Will County Sheriff’s Office said its investigation was ongoing and no further information would be released until it is complete.
She called it “a very sensitive situation” involving the sheriff’s department, coroner’s office and prosecutors.
Klopfer was believed to be Indiana’s most prolific abortion doctor, performing thousands of procedures over several decades.
His three clinics closed years before his death.
The state revoked the South Bend clinic’s licence in 2015 and the Indiana State Department of Health had previously issued complaints against the clinic, accusing it of lacking a patient register, policies regarding medical abortion, and a governing body to determine policies.
Klopfer’s licence was suspended by Indiana’s Medical Licensing Board in November 2016 after it found a number of violations, including a failure to ensure that qualified staff were present when patients received or recovered from medications given before and during abortion procedures.
He was no longer practising by that time, but told the panel he had never lost a patient in 43 years of doing abortions.
Brexit LIVE: Raab’s no-deal ‘loophole’ infuriates Remainers as Adonis lashes out at BBC
Trump defends Kavanaugh as 2020 Democrats call for his removal
WeWork’s on-again off-again IPO delayed again
Exactly why UK voted Leave! Head of tiny tax haven insults our PM with anti-Brexit stunt
Pelosi gets squeezed on impeachment
Saudi Arabia has to explain how its oil assets in Abqaiq were attacked, says ex-US diplomat
Attacks on crucial Saudi oil sites threaten to renew Gulf tensions
Hong Kong digital banks launch may face delays due to protests
Omar defends comments after criticism from 9/11 mourner
Boeing raises 20-year forecast for China aircraft demand
World3 days ago
Trump says he discussed a mutual defense treaty with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu
Politics1 week ago
Tories bottled it, we won’t! Brexit Party will SCRAP inheritance tax, says RICHARD TICE
Latest News1 week ago
Hong Kong protests: Police fire tear gas in busy shopping district after violent clashes | World News
World3 days ago
Disney CEO Bob Iger resigns from Apple board
Politics7 days ago
John Bercow: Executive fiat meaning – What does 'executive fiat' mean?
Politics1 week ago
Inside the Education Department’s effort to ‘obstruct’ student loan investigations
Politics1 week ago
Trump says he’s canceling Afghanistan peace talks, secret meeting with Taliban leaders
Latest News1 week ago
Two killed in South Africa in latest xenophobic unrest | World News